Passports are important to prove identity when horses are being travelled, sold or competed and for food chain purposes.
All passports on being issued require a vet to complete an identification drawing and confirm the presence of a microchip or implant one if necessary.
- Every horse, pony or donkey should have a passport.
- You can be fined up to £5000 if you don’t have a passport!
- Passports must accompany horses whenever they travel, no matter the reason.
- The passport should be available whenever the vet attends for us to amend if your horse has had certain medications.
- Sadly, upon a death, the passports need to be invalidated by returning to the original issuer of the passport.