Currently at Coach House Vets we have the following vacancies available:
Job Title: Veterinary Care Assistant – Listed May 2023
An exciting opportunity to join a friendly independent practice in the beautiful setting of West Berkshire near Newbury, working with small animal and equine patients. The position would be ideal for someone keen to progress into veterinary nursing as we would be happy to support your training within the role.
We are a small enthusiastic team and are looking for a like minded individual who is keen to learn on the job and help us provide excellent care to both our clients and patients. We pride ourselves on valuing people just as much as their pets and believe that by creating a good rapport with clients this enables us to better treat their pets.
Location: Coach House Vets, Burlyns, East Woodhay, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 0NU
Job Type: Full time. Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6pm (with one afternoon off per week) and 1 in 3 on call Saturdays 8:00-16:00.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the nurses and vets during patients’ anaesthesia, medical treatment, surgery or any diagnostic tests being carried out.
- We require the successful candidate to have a full UK driving license.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful attitude towards clients.
- Ensure clients receive prescribed medicines and products and understand how to use them.
- Ensure the practice is kept clean and hygienic including kennels, theatre, mucking out stables consult rooms.
- Ensure all rooms such as consult; theatre and equine areas are kept stocked with drugs and consumables.
- Carry out laboratory tests within the practice and package external lab samples.
- Assist with reception duties such as answering phones, booking appointments, taking payments, packaging medications, and greeting clients at the practice.
- Help with daily ordering of consumables and medications.
- Hold a variety of patients for veterinary examinations.
- Assisting with care of small animal and equine inpatients feeding, walking and giving TLC.
- In house training will be given under supervision from suitably qualified staff member.
- It must be remembered that Veterinary Care Assistants always work within the guidelines to the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966.
- Maintain the sterilisation of surgical instruments
- Most importantly, care for all animals both big and small!
If you are interested in this position, please forward a covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.